Saturday, October 17, 2015

When recovering from a cold...


Cleo meow-talking, wondering where our
4 nieces went a day after their visit to us!


Mr. Husband took me out on Monday for Canadian Thanksgiving
to the diner, as I relapsed with my cold and was unable to make anything for it.




I had a lot of soup, tea with honey (and a few things of what a local friend
calls 'garlic tea': steeped 10 minutes minced garlic clove, honey, lemon and 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper),
and a little bit of medicine (first lots of Advil c+s, then the one pictured).



I cooked slowly on the stove a chicken and rice soup:
3 or so cloves of garlic, sliced ginger, some mushroom cleaned and chopped,
chicken thighs cut into 3 sections each, left over cooked basmati rice, 
carrots peeled, cut and sliced, a peeled, sliced and chopped onion, water, 
a carton of organic chicken broth, salt and pepper. 


Enjoyed, put in cartons and much frozen for future meals! 



I dreamed of making granola that my sister-in-law told me a recipe
for and of having dairy again...


I also researched and discovered a cleaning supply that will
care for my enameled Dutch oven when it gets
white spots on the inside.
*
My cold is pretty much gone now and I am hoping
to play catch up with the many things I was unable to do while ill.
*
I am grateful to God for all the blessings I have,
including a home to rest in, hot tea and soup and 
the many other blessings He has heaped upon me,
unworthy though I be!

5 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

I am so glad you are feeling better now!

Paula said...

Glad you are feeling better but don't over-do the 'catching-up'!

Martha said...

I'm glad you're on the mend. ♥ Very wise to make and store soup for future use! I feel like I'm getting a sore throat and hope I'm not getting a cold.

Lisa said...

You mean to say that Barkeeper's Friend will clean an enameled pot? Wow. The soup looks so good! Take it easy now.

elizabeth said...

Lisa, yes! When I Googled the problem, many had this as the solution!