Friday, March 31, 2017

Friday, with cookies, cake and the praises of the Theotokos at our local Church











Husband came home last night with renewed work worries.
Lit a blessed candle for him this morning...
our hope is in God, who made Heaven and Earth....
Went on a walk and to 5 small little corner stores in our area
looking for raspberry jam, no one had any... I resolved to 
get some later in the day at a small grocer that is bigger than our little
corner stores... 
I managed to bake a cake and also some cookies for Pascha.
Read more of Laurus and am enjoying it... 
Went to church tonight, wonderful to see the 
icon of the Theotokos and stand there, 
hearing the prayers....
Went to local small grocery store afterwards,
got raspberry jam for the cake, to make with melted chocolate
for frosting tomorrow!
Terrific amount of wind and rain, 
my umbrella, which I stopped using after seeing one
in the trash and realizing the wind was just too strong,
got a bit battered, but still usable, thank God.
Husband worked really late tonight.
Things are still a bit of a struggle here...
we keep our hope in God... 

5 comments:

Helensmum said...

O I'm so sorry work worries have resurfaced Elizabeth! I took early retirement and fretted so,but I was protected and carried through that storm;it seemed so impossible at the time, but I was trying to write God's ending myself. It will be well.
You are a wonderful baker,so many lucky recipients there.

Warmest wishes,

Ann Marie

Nicole said...

God is always faithful! It is good to trust in him. And baking chocolate chip cookies makes everything a little better as well ;) Looks yummy!

elizabeth said...

Thanks Nicole! yes!!! absolutely!!!

Thanks Ann Marie! I would love to hear more about this time in your life - if you ever want to write more here, feel free or you can write me at my blog email roosjeblog @ yahoo DOT CA ... but no worries about it also, I know you are very busy and your words here say it all! :) Thanks again so much for them!!!

Helensmum said...

Yes I will write soon via email and share how I got through this tricky period,warm wishes as always,Ann Marie

elizabeth said...

Thank you very much Ann Marie!