Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Up, Down but not around town







Well, I guess I can say I made it through today,
as the day is done.
This morning was a harder day,
swelling under cast, worries and doctor not being in.
I did see my nurse in person
and was reassured.
I am having swelling by my toe for the third night in a row.
Hopefully, in time, I can fall asleep.
The best way I can describe the swelling is that it feels
like a strong thread is wrapped around my toe and it 
is being pulled tighter and tighter as the swelling increases.
I can move my toes, no discolouration,
just discomfort. 
I will call the doctor again tomorrow.
My Husband is understandably stressed by all of this,
plus lots of other life stuff.
I can say that this has been the hardest year we have faced 
together but I know that everyone has years like this;
I guess that is the advantage of being 40.
One has already been through some hard times
and knows that there is a time for everything.
I just hope that this time of severe toe
discomfort will end soon...
but I must remember to practice 
repentance like Job,
at least pretend to be patient :)
and remember these words:
Glory To God For All Things
and that all works for the good of those who
love God and I pray that I love God!!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

LOTS of prayers continuing to come your way, Elizabeth!! How beautiful is your room to rest in... surrounded by your icons, the flowers... So much LOVE in that room! May it surround you and lift you during these difficult times. I was so glad to read in your previous post that there does seem possibility of your getting some home help now in June--sooo glad! Very much hoping, and praying, that the toe pain will subside soon. Praise be to God, and that He holds you dearly extra much these days... ((HUGS))

Paula said...

I'm glad you got to see the nurse in person and not just 'diagnosed' over the phone. Hope you get to see the doctor today. Sending lots of love.