Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Waiting at home...









Another week and I start weight bearing exercise.
I am simultaneously dreading it and looking forward to it.
I think having to use crutches will be hard for me
but of course I want to be walking again!
***
I made more cards.
I enjoyed this book very much by DE Stevenson 
***
I am having a hard time being patient today.
The 4th holiday is always a bit difficult for me.
It's like a nice holiday for people to get together,
but it's never that for me.
I must work on being happy for what I do have,
instead of wishing for what I do not...
***
At least this is the only holiday like this for me,
others are not as such....
***
We did enjoy cinnamon rolls,
and hopefully I am "this much closer" to 
walking and getting back to normal again.
I have not been out of the house more than 2 times since
May 10th so I guess I am allowed a little bit of
wistfulness.... but not much, as I have to focus on what
gives me joy so that I don't fall into a mire of self-pity, etc.
I have so much and MUST be thankful. 

3 comments:

Pom Pom said...

You do have a lot to be thankful for AND you've endured a difficult time. Everything now will be better and you will continue to grow stronger. You'll be out and about in no time. You've been a very good sport, Elizabeth.
I have never felt warm and fuzzy about the fourth of July. We had a good day, but I also took a three hour nap, so I think I was very tired.
God be with you, friend.

Lilly's Mom said...

I understand completely what you said about the 4th of July. It's always different for me year to year as some years we really don't get together with others. But, July 5 arrives and a new day begins. I'm excited for your therapy and crutches. Two months is a long time to be in your home. Luckily, you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hugs and prayers to you dear Elizabeth, Pat

Paula said...

Hurray for walking soon. But I can imagine your worry too. I'm sure it's going to be a lot of work. Be sure and do the exercises (even if they hurt). You are in my thoughts and prayers.