Tuesday, August 15, 2017

A summary of today














So, today. A good day! I went to my local church for the Feast of Dormition (new calendar). Went to diner for lunch via cab (we pretty much use lyft all the time now), and then cabbed home. Rested. Great phone call. Hunted through art supplies searching for a small scissors that I don't know if it is there, found a bunch of cool stuff that I forgot I had. Put most of stuff back. Noticed foot was hurting. Rested. More foot pain. Used knee scooter for a bit to get around, had a simple dinner. I am learning more every day about how to navigate this in-between space where I am healing but not yet healed. Being attentive to things and upfront with myself and others about what I can/can't do in a day or at the moment is really freeing. It's like I can rest and be quiet inside more. So, today was a simple but good day. I am thankful.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

This Feast Day for Mary is a beautiful celebration... we had ours yesterday to in the Roman Rite. :) Lovely images from your day... I admire your honesty--being honest with yourself, and with others, how you are feeling/doing, etc. That's INNER strength, I think! :) Be taking good care there, go slow when you need to, ask for help when you need to... ((BIG HUGS))

Pom Pom said...

You are healing. I bet you are going to be SUPER careful around curbs from now on, aren't you? Poor you.
I like that thing that keeps the teapot lid on. What are those called?

Mat. Anna said...

What a beautiful church!

Lisa Richards said...

Sounds like a beautiful day! Orthodox churches are such a feast for the eye!
I'm glad you're learning the art of resting and having a quiet time without feeling guilty. It's a necessity for healing and for all of life. :)

karen said...

keep listening to that body of yours, you're making progress!! I still cannot believe how severely you were hurt and the long recovery!!