Saturday, October 21, 2017

Chicken & Biscuits with Gravy















Vintage Betty Crocker 
Oven-Baked Chicken and Biscuits.
Not hard to make, everything fit to shove over and bake the 
drop biscuits which tasted wonderful
with the chicken-cream gravy on top!
Very filling and an easy to make flaky biscuit! 
I kind of cheated and did not properly cut the shortening in
but added the milk and then used my pastry cutter to mix it all up,
using a knife at the end for scraping the pastry cutter and final
stirring.... a spoon dropped them in and it baked up wonderfully!
I had to bake them longer than the 15 minutes to get them 
to brown up a bit.  This would easily feed 4 people!
We only had 1 drumstick each and will have a repeat for dinner;
2 large chicken breasts are left and one of the is going to be
for a make-shift "chicken parm" 
(but with white cheddar, since that is what we have on hand) 
and the the other baked chicken breast DV is going to be
for chicken pot pie, with the left over gravy! 


4 comments:

Paula said...

Mmm, looks good. I brought home a Pizza Hut pan pizza for Colin and me tonight. I spent the day in Petawawa because Ella had a Halloween party with one of her new archery friends. Apparently she has some new friends from the party too. Not bad for an unsocialized homeschooler :)

Gloria said...

That looks very tasty. I love cooking with the idea of making several meals from it when possible. That's the way my mother taught me to cook. Betty Crocker was always and still is one of her favorite cookbooks to work from.

Angie said...

I always enjoy the photos of how you set the table. There is something deeply comforting in the photos. Not only food served but love and warmth with it.

Lilly's Mom said...

This dinner looks amazing Elizabeth! I remember that Betty Crocker cookbook; in fact I may have one in my cookbook library. I will definitely try this recipe. Isn't it lovely to sit down each evening to a lovingly prepared meal with our loved ones? Enjoy your day. Hugs, Pat