Monday, October 16, 2017

Monday, quiet and with sweetness










The last picture is from last night.
I knew I was going to have a lot of phone errands today
and felt that I needed an extra push to have a good 
easy to plan morning tea.
It worked pretty well.
My insomnia is slowly subsiding but is still
waging a bit of a war. 
I had one moment that was quite exhilerating:
for the first time in MANY months I was able to 
sit down in our chapel/guestroom/library and actually
*read* books that I am taking notes in my journal...
(books by/about Rod Dreher, Seraphim Rose, St Theophan) and
such things.  I was so happy.
I hope that I can slowly get into a routine that includes this 
as part of my day again.  The whole breaking the ankle pretty much
broke all of my routines.
Mr Husband had various meetings today and so I made a lunch
he would not want (eggs and him don't mix). 
It was a quiet day over all and while I am a bit tired from
the whole insomnia thing,
I am feeling a bit more of having a shard of hope in 
all of this. 
I hope you do too,
no matter what your Monday has brought.
***
ps: my brown sugar is now soft thanks to 2 slices of apple! 
I am amazed at how well it worked!

3 comments:

Mat. Anna said...

Hooray for shards of hope! And soft brown sugar! 😊

Lilly's Mom said...

Wonderful uplifting post you have shared dear Elizabeth. I do hope your recovery continues and that you can get your much needed rest. A lovely cup of tea is always a comfort. Pat xx

Lisa Richards said...

So glad you're getting back into your old routine. Especially reading! That particular book is one I've wanted to read. The eggs are making me hungry! I may need to have eggs for supper. Enjoy life in your cozy home! :)