Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Today included: Banana-Carrot Bread with Cherries, Walnuts and Mini-Chocolate Chips...


Enjoyed Dutch tea in the morning with my parents!
(They had coffee... and I tea!)


A fun lunch!
Not pictured: boiled egg in Delft Dutch egg cup and small egg spoon :)


Cleo caught doing some crazy-cat loving on my Dad's coat...


"Here's the recipe. I make the following modifications. Instead of one loaf pan I divide batter between two. I add dried cherries, mini chocolate chips, and chopped walnuts or pecans. 

".... Thank you, approximately how much of the modified ingredients? ♡"

"I don't measure. Just toss it in. 
When I made four on Saturday I used most of the container of dried cherries, 
about 2 cups of walnuts and just kept putting in the mini chips. 
Again this was a double recipe."

~recipe and text from my local Matushka 





It's a delicious bread, that I blogged pictures of yesterday!
***
My Dad got the Billy Bookcases up and will finish them (put doors on etc)
DV tomorrow! 
We had roasted veggies and a chicken burger for dinner, 
it was delicious!
tomorrow I hope to make soup... 

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Thank you for the recipe and modifications for that scrumptious cake, Elizabeth... I was wondering about that cake! It just looked sooo plump and delicious... LOL! Glad you are having a good time with your parents visiting. And how wonderful your Dad helping with your shelves while on his "vacation." It's cute how cats love visitors, coats, shoes, handbags, etc., isn't it? ;) Have a HAPPY week! With Love, In Christ ((HUGS))

Mat. Anna said...

Lovely! Have a wonderful time!

elizabeth said...

Thanks Tracy! My Dad would be bored if he did not have a project! :)

Thanks Mat Anna ♡♡♡