Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Today included a lot of beauty
















 Today my Dad finished the Billy Bookcases
and my Mom and I had fun opening all the things they
brought with them!
2+ years of thrift store finds, birthday and Christmas gifts,
Dutch Store finds and special 40th birthday presents included :)
We had a nice dinner with my parents tonight
and I am glad that our home can be such a pretty peaceful place.
We hope to get up the new plates we have + other things before
my parents leave on Sunday.
I am glad I have a few more days with them yet!
I am more and more convinced that homemaking is a real 
gift to our families and our world 
and I am so glad I get to be a homemaker and create such natural
at-home beauty!
***
ps: unbloggable prayer request continues...
***
pps: saw this today, Jonathan was at TWU the same time I was 
and in similar programs :) 


7 comments:

Mat. Anna said...

I just love that wonderful conglomeration of goodies on the table!

Lisa Richards said...

You have so many pretty things and your table is just beautiful! Yes, homemaking is a privilege and a blessing!

Tracy said...

Sooo much fun... and such treasures! And how lovely your table for the evening! Love the honey-bee skep candle! So glad you are having a wonderful time with your family, Elizabeth. So much I feel the same way. It is a great gift from God that He offers to us women in being homemakers! I feel so blessed to be able to be home, care for our home and make it a good, safe, warm place, and extension of the church. :) Continued prayers and blessings coming your way... With Love, In Christ ((HUGS))

shoreacres said...

Your home is beautiful -- and what a gift it is to be able to share it with your parents, too. I'll be glad for "candle season" to come again. I just can't bring myself to burn them when it's still so hot. But once autumn truly arrives, they're a special treat.

author said...

What fun to open all those treasures!
Do you know where the hot/cold pack is from? I could use one of those.

elizabeth said...

Hi Author ~ My Mom got this from a lady close to St Jacobs near Waterloo Ontario. She makes them and sells them at a market. She sells them at this restaurant: http://www.annamaes.ca/about-us.html (It's a Mennonite place though the woman who makes them is not! :) )

Becki said...

Thank you for sharing the video, Elizabeth. I don't know this author, but I love his words.